Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lots and Lots of Bad News :(

   If you read the title of this post, you will have a pretty good idea of what is happening currently in my life. I'll go from okay to horrible.
   Remember when I said that I would post a picture of my friend's locker because we decorated it? If you don't, then you should read my last post. But I won't post a picture because the whole top half fell off! All of the pink wrapping paper, bows and "Happy Birthday" sign just vanished. Gone! Like it never existed! And we have no idea where it could have gone. We checked almost all of the garbage cans in the hallway. The only part left is the bottom half of the locker. That looks like it was never even touched.
   Next on the bad news agenda, I stayed home from school today. At least I could get my homework done, thanks to our student resources page, aka Moodle. I have to do a journal page for literacy and a worksheet for math. And I have a test tomorrow in math! It covers all of chapter three, which includes "everything with two-step equations," "solving for x" and "applying geometric formulas to find the area and perimeter of a figure." At least I tried to study.
   Last and certainly the worst, the house that's across the street got burned on Tuesday. Bad. The whole roof and garage door roof caved in! Nobody is sure how it started, but the fire trucks got there at about 3 o'clock in the morning and stayed until 7 o'clock. Most of the basement and main floor is fine, but the second floor and attic is completely trashed.On the left side (looking from the street), the peak is see-through because the siding burned off, and most of the back of the house is black and falling off. Luckily, they (the two grandparents that used to live there) got out safely. Now they are staying at one of their son's house. I really hope that they can move back into their house. We'll all be praying for them.
    On the last good note, the Candyland dance is tomorrow! I'll try to remember to try to update you tomorrow or Saturday to say how it goes.

End of Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment